He was an assistant master under T. Thomas ( 1870-1 ), and under G. Heaviside at Coventry , 1872 . In 1873 he received a call to take charge of the Old Meeting House at Aberdare during the illness of Rees Jenkin Jones . Six years later he received a call to become minister of the churches at Llwyn-rhyd-owen , Bwlch-y-fadfa , and Llandysul , but owing to ill health, he remained for only eight years. He left the pulpit to enter business, but did not cease to preach . It is only necessary to mention that he kept a school from 1873 to 1883 , and was a J.P. and a public worker , to show what a full life he led. Following in the footsteps of Gwilym Marles ( William Thomas , 1834 - 1879 ) , he brought the influence of Martineau to bear on his denomination and his district. He was cultured and great-hearted.
He was secretary and president of the Unitarian Association and published his address from the chair, Crefydd Cymru a'r Dyfodol , 1895 ; he also edited Gwersi ar Fywyd Iesu Grist , 1897-9 , 1900-1 . He was a frequent contributor to Yr Ymofynydd , of which he was a joint editor , 1903-7 , and his articles ‘ Nyth y Fran ’ are still remembered.
He d. 26 Oct. 1907 and was buried in Pant-y-defaid cemetery.
Rev. Thomas Oswald Williams, M.A., (1888-1965), Lampeter
Published date: 1959