In 1903 he became Professor of Welsh at St. David's College , Lampeter . There he made every effort to ensure the position of the Welsh language in the curriculum and in the life of the college . He revived the honours course in Welsh , established a Welsh Library which included the Cenarth Collection which was bought by the college in 1904 , and for the sake of the Welsh students he began Cymdeithas y Brythoniaid , a society which met every other Saturday evening in his house with not a word of English spoken. On Sunday afternoons he held a Welsh Bible class for the students. He moved in 1915 to be vicar of Holywell , and in 1922 to a similar post in the parish of Tywyn , Abergele . He published Welsh commentaries on St. Luke's Gospel in 1920 and 1922 and on 1 Corinthians in 1934 . He became Archdeacon of Montgomery and vicar of Llansanffraid-ym-Mechain in 1938 . He retired in 1944 and went to live in Llanfairfechan .
He was a gentle and firm man who found pleasure in all kinds of sport, particularly through angling and in ornithology . He d. 9 Apr. 1953 , and was buried in St. Seiriol 's churchyard, Holyhead .
Reverend Canon David Trevor William Price, Lampeter
Published date: 2001